Last Updated: January 2023
If you are a California resident, please see the “Your California Privacy Right” section.
A customer (“Customer”) is an individual placing an order for our Services with or through one of our partnering photographers, photography studios, or printing labs (collectively, the “Studio”) and who may be providing information about a student or photography subject (individually, a “Student,” and collectively, “Students”).
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party platforms, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your postal address
- Your phone number
- Your credit card or other payment information
- Information relating to a Student or Students associated with the Services, including their image, name, school name, grade, student identification number, homeroom, teacher, and jersey number
- Any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services or otherwise transact business with us, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from identity verification services, credit bureaus, advertising networks, data analytics providers, mailing list providers, financial services providers, operating systems and platforms, and customer management providers.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to provide our Services to you, including to facilitate and fulfill photography orders between Customers and the Studio.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our products and services;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, customer experience surveys, and order updates;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our Services;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by APVisions Photography and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of APVisions Photography and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and data analytics.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Our website does not respond to “do not track’ signals.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
APVisions Photography is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and service providers in the United States and Canada. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
If you are in the European Economic Area, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal data to countries outside of the EEA through a series of intercompany agreements based on the Standard Contractual Clauses (“SCCs”) authorized under EU law. You may request a copy of these SCCs by contacting us using the contact information below.
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account or emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to delete your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete your information within 30 days and send you a written confirmation when your account has been deleted. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes. We may ask for proof of identification in order to complete the request and validate its legitimacy.
Mobile Push Notifications
With your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device.
A mobile user might opt-in by:
- Entering a phone number online,
- Sending an Mobile Originating (MO) message containing an advertising keyword,
- Filling out a paper form that includes their phone number, or
- Signing up at a point-of-sale location.
You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device. You may also opt out by replying “STOP” by text to the communicating number.
You may opt out of receiving text messages or promotional emails from APVisions Photography by following the instructions in those communications or by sending us an email at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
The Services are not intended for children, and APVisions Photography does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18.
hildren aged 18 or younger should not submit any personal information without the permission of their parents or guardians. By using the Services, you are representing that you are at least 18.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Consumer Privacy Act
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the categories of personal information listed in the Collection of Information section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Information section above.
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, phone number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, bank account number, credit card or debit card number, or other similar identifiers; commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Data analytics providers, internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, financial services providers, and customer management providers.|
|“Personal Information” as defined in Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80, including any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, his or her name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.||Data analytics providers, internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, financial services providers, and customer management providers.|
|Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Data analytics providers, internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, and financial services providers.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.||Data analytics providers, internet service providers, and operating systems and platforms.|
|Education information, defined as personally identifiable information that is not publicly available as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Sec. 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99.||Operating systems and platforms.|
|Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||Data analytics providers.|